Montgomery Parks are wonderful places to visit, but sometimes litter and trash get into our parks and needs to be removed - this is where you come in! A Cleanup Coordinator will lead you and other volunteers in various projects this spring and summer to help get the trash out of the park and where it belongs.
We welcome individuals and families to join in! These events are SSL approved!
Please note that when an event fills up, it will disappear from the schedule. Cleanups will be added throughout the season, so check back often!
Dates and locations include:
5/26 Glenfield Park
6/5 Cloverly Local Park
All cleanups are pre-approved for SSL hours. Children under 14 years old must have a registered parent/guardian with them.
**Every individual must pre-register/fill out an application to participate, including parents/guardians.**
Please review all Covid 19 requirements and CDC guidelines.
Current Covid Requirements for Volunteers:
All volunteers must submit Montgomery Parks COVID-19 waivers.
- When signing up on this site, it will give adult volunteers the option to electronically submit waivers.
- Volunteers under 18 years old must print the waiver in the application and have a parent/guardian sign by hand, and submit the form at the cleanup event.
- Volunteers must bring and wear a mask
- Volunteers must keep AT LEAST 6 feet apart from volunteers outside of their household.
- If you are feeling sick or have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19, do not come to the cleanup.
- Wash hands before and after the cleanup.
To register for one of these cleanup dates, click Job Details, and then the Schedule tab, review cleanup details, and click "sign up".
For questions contact: Valeria.Espinoza@montgomeryparks.org
Background check required: No
Job type: Event (1-7 days)
Volunteer type: Adult, Family, Senior (55+), Youth, Student Service Learning
This opportunity has multiple shifts see schedule tab to sign up.