Scout troops, corporate groups, student groups, and community organizations can schedule a private Park cleanup event.
Work with your team to remove trash & litter from our Parks! Group leaders can submit one application on behalf of their group (select "group"). We ask for a three weeks notice before your cleanup. This opportunity is eligible for SSL HOURS.
Please read through our current covid 19 requirements for volunteers effective November 1, 2021:
- Volunteers must be fully vaccinated
- Group leaders must check of vaccination cards before the cleanup event. This can be completed at check-in as long as effective communication to ensure volunteers bring a photo or copy of their certicate is achieved.
- Volunteers must submit our Covid-19 Waiver electronically or via paper
- The minimum age of participation will be 12 years old as of 11/1
If your group can meet these requirements, please register and we'll proceed with the next steps.
Organize a Group Cleanup!
What we'll need:
1. Cleanup date and times
2. Cleanup location (Find a park near you! or work with our office to match you with a cleanup site)
🠮 For Local/regional parks: pick up your cleanup supply kit and cleanup independently
🠮 For Stream Valley Parks: we may assign a Stream Strider volunteer to lead your group and bring supplies
3. Estimated group size and age range
4. Do you need SSL forms?
5. Submit your Cleanup Results
Anyone feeling sick or in recent contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19, may not volunteer at the event(s) assigned. All volunteers must continue to follow CDC guidelines as well as MD state guidelines.
Background check required: No
Minimum age of volunteers: 12
Job type: Event (1-7 days)
Volunteer type: Adult, Family, Senior (55+), Youth, Student Service Learning, Group, Scout, Corporate