1800 Glenallan Avenue
Wheaton, MD 20902
*This position requires proof of vaccination against Covid 19*
Brookside Gardens is a natural place for the community to have its special events, and the Facility Rental Program has several events booked throughout the year. Facility Rental Programs staff support the events by setting up and monitoring the events, but extra help is needed to make sure everything goes smoothly for our event guests!
Special Event Monitor Volunteers assist staff indoors and outdoors throughout the year, making the Gardens a great place for our guests to hold a special wedding, anniversary parties, remembrance ceremonies and other events.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide Garden Staff presence in the gardens; and/or Visitor Center during the event.
2. Monitor event entrances/exits to maintain privacy.
3. Monitor the Visitor Center's entrances to allow only the event guests into the event.
4. Interact with event and non-event guests to answer questions about the Gardens.
5. Direct event guests to the proper garden event space.
6. Direct non-event guests temporarily to other garden areas.
Background check required: Yes
Minimum age of volunteers: 18
Volunteer Type: Adult, Senior (55+)
Job Type: Seasonal (2-6 months)